We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about our mobile occupational therapy services. Here are some of the most common questions we receive.
1. Where are you located?
We are located in Portland OR, and provide geriatric occupational therapy services in our clients’ homes and communities in Portland, Tigard, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, and surrounding areas.
2. Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we accept Medicare Part B and Medicaid insurance.
3. Why is mobile outpatient therapy a unique service?
With mobile outpatient services, we are able to bring our services directly to clients. We value offering our professional services in people’s natural environment as it allows us to interact, educate, and train clients and families where they are living and functioning on a day-to-day basis. It allows you to engage in therapy sessions that are realistic within your natural environment.
4. Do I have to be homebound to receive your in-home services?
5. Do I need a medical provider’s referral for occupational therapy services?
If you are using your health insurance benefits, then a medical provider’s referral (MD, PA, NP) is required.
6. What will the initial visit look like?
All initial visits will include the following:
- Paperwork processing such as HIPAA, benefits, and payments, and patient authorization
- Discussion including detailed medical history and reason for current referral.
- Individualized evaluation of client.
- Assessment of home environment and patient’s function in the home.
- Discussion of therapy plan and treatment schedule.
7. Does Medicare cover all mobile therapy services?
Medicare covers 80% of all outpatient therapy services including mobile therapy. Many people have secondary insurance that will cover the additional 20%. Essential Quality Therapy will verify your total insurance benefit upfront and inform you of any out-of-pocket costs before the first visit.
8. How many times a week do you come and for how long?
After your initial evaluation, the therapist will determine how many times per week and how long each session will be.
9. How can I contact EQC Occupational Therapy?
You may call the office at 971 803 8083 or email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org